Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Blink of an Eye



Today's post is about something I have been thinking about so much lately. In light of recent world events that can seem so far away, and while we are praying for those in Paris and across the world, I am bringing this letter close to home.

In America we are coming upon the Season of Giving. While we celebrate with our loved ones, there is often an empty chair at the table. Someone we lost too soon in life, or an elderly relative who has passed on to the next world; hopefully one full of peace and love.




I want to ask you to start taking time. Time to say thank you, to pay a compliment, to be kind, to invite a lonely person to join your family dinner. Reach out to a friend you've lost touch with over the years. Gestures like this can make a difference stretching as far and wide as saving that person's life and giving them hope.

Recently I gave an India Hicks Benefit Event for the Birthday Party Project to help give special birthdays to children in a Safe Home or Shelter. This was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in some time! 

Coming up in two weeks will be an India Hicks Event to Benefit the World Aid Foundation with Elizabeth Alex ( one of our local celebrities and former newscaster.)



A friend recently said to me, after all we do not achieve success or greatness alone. Let us take time to choose a gift for those who have helped us in some way throughout the year. Your office assistant, best friend, babysitter, design staff, anyone who has been there for you. It is so simple really and has a long lasting effect to the recipient of your gratitude and thoughtfulness.

I can help you, please email me at artbykarenablog@gmail.com or go to my site www.indiahicks.com/rep/karenalbert. You will be rewarded a thousand fold in so many ways!



Thank you to my Family, Friends, and Followers who support The Arts
Please leave a comment as they make my day!

Sign up for email alerts to receive notice of my latest posts and please add me to your own blog roll!


xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Love Tokens www.indiahicks.com/rep/karenalbert

Handbags Galore www.indiahicks.com/rep/karenalbert


Bath and Beauty Collection www.indiahicks.com/rep/karenalbert

20 comments:

donna baker said...

You are a wonder Karena and well said. We need to be kind to one another. Whether in person or donating time and money. A circle unbroken by evildoers.

Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Such a great reminder, Karena!! Such a timely post and very necessary. :) All of these India Hicks items look lovely including that cream clutch with the tassels!! I enjoyed that quoted you shared on 4 things you cannot recover from. Life is certainly a delicate balance, having a little on has certainly made me re-think priorities and what is most important in this life.

Have a beautiful day my friend!
XO
Karla

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Karena, this is a timely post! The season of giving to so many is just about spending money. When in reality all most people want is a little time, love and attention!

Thank you for the reminder!

Have a wonderful day!

Linda Pakravan said...

Well said!

Brillante Interiors said...

Love and Peace and Hope is the answer...

therelishedroost said...

I love the hand soap and candles !!

highheeledlife said...

Dearest Karena your post was just what I needed today. Life as you know really does change in a blink of eye and it's important to let others know just how much they make a difference in our life. I briefly checked out your Indian Hicks shop page - beautiful items!!! Will be back to read more later. You are an angel for helping to provide birthday celebrations to children in need. Wishing success with your event for World Aid Foundation with Elizabeth Alex.

Thank you for your visits and words on my posts at the new website. It's been hectic balancing the new website launch, life and trying to keep up with HHL blog... though I have been trying to keep up with visiting blog friends I have not always been able to comment. Hoping to get catch up soon... Hugs and blessings my friend...Celia M.

Pura Vida said...

Your post is very touching I read it several times

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such a most beautiful and loving post here today Karena.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Beautiful and inspiring post, Karena.

Jennifer said...

Beautifully said Karena. I love those 4 things we can never get back. It is time for kindness and love in our world!
XxJennifer

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Time is the one thing that we think we don't have - but we do. We just have to create it! Create it, make it, take time for ourselves and others. It is so easy to get caught up in everything that the season brings, this is a great reminder to take time for those who have a special place in our lives and hearts. Thank you!

La Contessa said...

LOVELY.........YOUR MESSAGE!
I have just written a similar statement on a post that AIRS Monday!
Have you noticed stores in your area will not be OPEN on THANKS GIVING!I think thats a GOOD change for the better............Stores like T.J.MAXX and HOME GOODS and REI are closing so employees can enjoy the HOLIDAY TOO.
I will give THREE compliments today as I cruise around!MAYBE MORE!
Off to do my assignment!
XX

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post!

cupofbitching.blogspot.ca

designchic said...

What a beautiful post, Karena...perfect for the holiday season! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful post, Karena.
Thank you...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family xx

Decor To Adore said...

Karena this is truly a beautiful post. Thank you!
Just stopping by to say I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful long holiday weekend.

May you have good food, friends and family.

Rié Moratto said...

So well said, quite lovely! xx Rié | Portobello Design Blog

Paisley Curtain said...

Thank you for bringing up this point, we are so busy with our own needs and our own lives we forget what is essential. Proud of your work, best wishes.

LBDDiaries said...

I need to go over and let my fingers do some walking. There are so many amazing things there.

Your post was poignant and right on target - and some of Alpha Hubby's and my best Christmases were ones we spend giving to others rather than ourselves! Have a wonderful Christmas season - I'll do some shopping over at India Hicks soon.

Blog Archive