Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Artistic Design: Carrier and Company: Positively Chic Interiors



Jessie Carrier and Mara Miller first met during their senior year at the Fashion Institute of Technology. They both worked at several of the AD 100 interior design firms before starting their own company, Carrier and Company Interiors in 2005.

They are widely recognized and published for their unique style is exquisitely detailed and enticing.  Having two children of their own, they also make sure that a comfortable home with personalized space is a priority.






Please enjoy some of these gorgeous images from their newly released book Carrier and Company: Positively Chic Interiors  by Jessie Carrier and Mara Miller, with Judith Nasatir. The thoughtfully written Forward is by Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief of American Vogue and Artistic Director of Conde Nast.





This dynamic couple seems to have an innate sense of color and how it unifies the design of a room and especially of the importance of fine art and art objects.

















AD 100 has named Carrier and Company to their coveted list twice, and has stated with high regard:

" They have established a reputation for spicing the appropriate with the strikingly unusual" and again cited " the spirited, winning nature of this Manhattan couple, who in less than a decade have attracted the attention of media and fashion heavyweights." 





Add this design book to your library and enjoy the more than 200 color illustrations within the 248 pages. You will be so thrilled with this publication! Carrier and Compnay: Positively Chic Interiors is available at  Amazon or your local book seller.


Thank you to The Vendome Press for the publicity copy of this fine book.
Please do leave a message as it makes my day!
Sign up for email alerts of my latest features and please add me to your own blog roll!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena



The India Hicks Holiday Collection is now available and is a stunning addition to her finely crafted Lifestyle Collection.  There is something for everyone on your list, even you!  Shopping made so easy! Please visit my site at www.indiahicks.com/rep/karenalbert



18 comments:

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Wow these images are gorgeous! Hope you are doing well!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love every photo. Positively beautiful!

MJH DesignArts said...

Hi Karena, Super feature. I bought the book last month and it is fantastically fabulous. xoxo Mary

La Contessa said...

Another book for MY COLLECTION!

Vel Criste said...

I MUST check out this book! Thanks Karena!

Dean Farris said...

K,
Love the story behind the designing couple!
I also attended FIT and received a BFA in interior design there-
Loved hearing about Carrier and company!

Dean Farris
Class of '83

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Exquisite interiors....what a most talented couple! Looks like a most wonderful book. Thanks for this beautiful feature.

Ivy Lane said...

Ooooh La La! Tres Chic indeed!

Xo,

Ivy

Burlap Luxe said...

HI Karena,
What would we do if we did not have so much at hand to aspire by!
Beautiful couple.

I could so wrap my head around the righ home, the right room to do and be able to do white on black, that fireplace surround wall is oh so chic.

See you soon dear and all you inspire.

Xoxo
Dore

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I definitely want to add this book to my collection! Thanks, Karena!

cindy hattersley design said...

Thankf for previewing this Karena. I had a feeling I was going to want to add this to my collection! I am putting on my Christmas list!!

Leslie Harris said...

Such pretty rooms, thanks for sharing this Karena. I need to check out this book.

Lord Cowell said...

Have just found your blog. Inspirational posts, I especially like the mirrored wall under the arch. Makes the room look a lot lighter. DLC.

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous...the images are indeed gorgeous, Karena.
Happy Weekend! xx

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I'm putting this on my book wishlist...

Unknown said...

I really admire those two! Thanks for the informative post and gotta get that book! xo Nancy ( mentioned you in my post tomorrow!:)
xo Nancy

LBDDiaries said...

I want my home that way - "spicing the appropriate with the strikingly unusual" so of course I'm going to have to get this book for ideas. The pictures are amazing and represent the book very well!

Anonymous said...

Those are indeed some beautiful pictures. Each of them are different, but in my eyes, can suit to a specific type of personality.
We truly believe that having an inspirational story behind a project makes it be even more valuable. This is what Carrier and Company promotes and this is what our small story is all about. I invite you to dive into our rug world inspirational story.
Our true purpose is to offer happiness by providing a unique, colorful rug. But the beauty of our story lies in the hands of our lady artisans that create all our world. I will let you to discover more here: http://www.sukhirugs.com

Blog Archive