Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Palm Beach Chic



While at this time we are experiencing Indian Summer alternating with a few crisp, Autumn days and nights; soon here in the Midwest we will long for the tropical climes, the beaches, the warmth of cities like Palm Beach in Florida.  Palm Beach Chic by Jennifer Ash Rudick, recently released by The Vendome Press , is the perfect book to have in your library to browse through on evenings this winter or anytime!





The architectural styles of these  incredibly beautiful properties along with their gorgeous grounds range from a restored  Mediterranean Revival  by the renowned Palm Beach architects Addison Mizner, Maurice Fatio, and Marion Sims Wyeth, cottages nearly hidden in lush tropical foliage, an exotic Moorish casbah, postmodern villas,  a sprawling ranch, and Mid-century vintage condos. The collections, the furnishings and the museum quality works of art will make you swoon! 













Included are some of the most photographed properties in the world, such as the former estates of C.Z Guest and Lily Pulitzer,  also Josie Natori's home, Laura and Harry Slatkin's, art patron Beth Rudin DeWoody and more. Many have been renovated and some left in their pristine original architecture and decor. The superb photography by award winning Jessica Klewicki Glynn pulls one right into the luxe scenery.









Just a few of the interior designers, landscape designers and architects represented in this stunning book are David Easton,  Lillian Fernandez, David Kleinberg, Thierry Despot, Peter Marino, Calvin Tsao and Mario Nievera.





 Thank you to The Vendome Press for the use of images and the publicity copy.

You may purchase Palm Beach Chic at Amazon or your local bookseller!

Much thanks to my Family, Friends, and Followers who Support The Arts!

Sign up for email alerts to receive notification of my latest features!!

Please do leave a comment as they truly make my day!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena


Another book you will enjoy tremendously is India Hicks: Island Style. Find it along with other great selections from India's Fall Line for yourself or as gifts on my Style Ambassador site with India Hicks!


20 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Looks like a gorgeous book. I lived in Boca for a few years and loved every minute of it. Enjoy your week, Karena!

Ivy Lane said...

I have been seeing so many fabulous images from this book around blogland! You have inspired me to buy a copy!!! No doubt it will warm up cold winter days in my imagination!!

Happy Tuesday!

Ivy

Splendid Market said...

I can never get enough of this beautiful decor and lifestyle, love the pooch shots!
Well done Karena. ~ebh

Linda Merrill said...

Looks like a great book - thanks for showcasing it Karena!

Vel Criste said...

I have to grab a copy of this ultra chic book!

Karen said...

Karena,
This is my kind of escape...cost saving too!
Enjoy your week.
xo,
karen

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Ooooh this book looks amazing! Full of eye candy! It's been on my book wishlist, but I might have to just order it soon!

Segreto Secrets said...

Makes me want to go there! We just turned down a job there due to schedules! I want to reconsider! Beautiful book!!

La Contessa said...

The DOG at the tropical pool..................GORGEOUS!
I know I would enjoy cruising through this book ANYDAY!

Pura Vida said...

This is my kind of book!!! Thanks for sharing about it. Also, thanks so much for your sweet words and visits. I always enjoy seeing your name in my comment section. You are a sweety!!! xoxox

Linda Pakravan said...

Palm Beach looks like paradise. Thanks for the review. Another book for my wish list!

Linda Pakravan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LBDDiaries said...

I want my back yard area to look like so many of these pictures - how to choose? And how funny is that huge sheep? And how wonderful that teal garden gate? Almost every single time you recommend a book, I end up purchasing it (and am never sorry, either!) - this is another, if for no other reason, to give me decorating ideas. Thank you for always inspiring!!

Rié Moratto said...

Karena, Thank you for showcasing this book! I had seen it on Amazon and was tempted to order it and now I will. Your right, it will be the perfect read this winter! xxRié

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh what a wonderful book!....I lived in South Florida most of my life before relocating North! Miss the tropical beauty!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous book! So many gorgeous images! Barbara P from Ma

Unknown said...

I will definitely be purchasing this, Karena...looks fabulous...bliss!
Thank you for your lovely mail...wonderful idea; I'll drop you an email xx

The enchanted home said...

Karena.....this book is incredible I got it a few weeks ago and think its one of the best books of the year. I never tire of seeing the incredible images! Have a great weekend.

The Devine Life said...

Looks amazing- Can't wait to get a copy!

stevenjared0853 said...

These are some really great clicks. I would love to get a copy of this. Why don’t you also cover some NYC venues? I would love to see how you capture the life here in New York. Have you ever done photography here?

Blog Archive